Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the SMECO Online Store?
- The SMECO Online Store is a marketplace developed for SMECO's residential electric customers by Energy Federation, Inc. (EFI). It is intended to provide information about, and access to, energy-saving products to help SMECO customers lower their energy use.
Who is EFI?
- EFI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization has been helping people and organizations economically purchase quality conservation products since 1982, largely through the development and support of utility-sponsored initiatives throughout North America.
Who is eligible to participate?
- All of SMECO's residential electric customers are eligible to purchase products with instant rebates applied through the SMECO Online Store. Eligibility will be verified in the online store using each customer's SMECO account number in conjunction with the associated zip code of the service address.
How can I confirm my eligibility?
- Sign In or create an account by clicking “Account”. From there, a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Sign In.”
Are there any limitations?
- Yes. Each customer is able to purchase a limited number of incentivized products per year, as displayed on product pages in the online store. Customers who purchase the maximum number of incentivized items may continue to order additional products without instant rebates.
What are the payment options?
- EFI accepts payment by check, money order, MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express. Credit card payments are preauthorized during the checkout process, but charges are not posted until after the order has shipped. Customers choosing to pay with a check or money order should complete the order online, and mail payment to EFI, 1 Willow Street, Southborough, MA 01745. The order will be released upon receipt of payment. It is not possible to have the purchase applied through your monthly electric bill.
How quickly do order ship?
- Orders for in-stock products usually ship within 1 to 2 business days. Orders ship via the United States Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS), or Federal Express (FedEx). The transit time will vary by carrier. More information about shipping and returns policies can be found at http://devinternal.energyfederation.org/smeco/shipping_returns/
How do I track my order?
- The tracking information will be included in the shipping confirmation email that will be sent.
How long will it take to receive an item on backorder?
- If products are backordered, you will receive a notice during the ordering process. For orders that include out-of-stock items, EFI will provide an estimated ship date with an opportunity for you to change or cancel your order if desired. More information about shipping and returns policies can be found at http://devinternal.energyfederation.org/smeco/shipping_returns/
How do confirm my eligibility?
- Sign In or create an account by clicking “Account”. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Sign In.” Then enter in your residential address and SMECO account number, and the system will verify you. If you encounter issues with the verification process, please call 1-833-819-2957.
Whom do I contact if I have questions, or need to request a return for a credit or refund?
- Call 1-833-819-2957 (Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm, or Saturday 8 am to 5 pm), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering for the SMECO Online Store you certify that you are a SMECO residential electric customer-member and do not intend to distribute measures beyond your residential home. Eligible customer-members may order up to 24 LED lighting products per calendar year, 3 smart thermostats over the lifetime of the program, 2 advanced power strips per calendar year, 2 aerators and 2 shower heads per calendar year, and 6 controls over the lifetime of the program. Targeted customer-members may be eligible for an incentivized Energy Efficiency Kit using a special promo code. Purchases $35.00 and above receive free shipping.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. To learn more about EmPOWER and how you can participate, go to SMECO.coop/save.